Some more questions about Estonia

For English-speaking visitors :) Welcome !

Moderaator: Moded

Teema algataja
MidnightSun

Some more questions about Estonia

Lugemata postitus Postitas MidnightSun »

Tere

I hope you have nice biker weather in Estonia, here in the north of Sweden(the distance from the north to south is very looong, 1600Km) the weather sucks, we have +12 and it's raining. :shock:

What is the price for 95 unleaded petrol in Estonia? If you plan to visit Sweden, you can expect to pay 9,60 SEK/liter(or 16,10 EEK).

I noticed that you have the song festival in Tallinn the same weekend that I plan to arrive to Tallinn. Most hotels seems to be crowded. Do you think it's possible to find a hotel room? If not, I guess I have to go someplace else and visit Tallinn after the weekend is over.

Do you have shops that sells biker accessories, do they have websites? I plan to buy new jacket and pants. Clothes seem to be much more affordable outside Sweden(specially in Germany).

I plan to visit Tallinn, Pärnu, Saaremaa and also do some touring in the estonian country side.

BTW. Thanks for letting me have my own section in the forum :P

A picture from the road between Sweden and Norway in the north
Pilt

Teema algataja
Mark

Lugemata postitus Postitas Mark »

Hello,

WELCOME TO ESTONIA !!!! :D

The price for unleaded petrol here is 11.95 (+/- some cents)

The weather is great !!!! Not every day but more or less ok !!!
We had also some days ago +7 and raining but few last days it is around 16/17, next week will be 20-22. :roll:

We´ll find You a hotel. Just give the exact date and I'll reserve it for You in my friends hotel. Just mail :!:

So just ask and the bikers will help You !!!!! :D
Kasutaja avatar

Primo
Tsikkel: KTM 640 Adventure R '00
Tänanud: 1 kord
Tänatud: 1 kord

Lugemata postitus Postitas Primo »

Hi :D

The price of 95 unleaded is about 11.5 - 12.5 EEK.The most expensive IMO is 95 Nitro 3000 in Uno X.Usually the petrol in Estonia is total crap, but Nitro 3000 is quite acceptabel.

Shops:

http://www.bikeworld.ee
http://www.motopood.ee
http://www.yamaha.ee
that's all I remember for now :oops:

good luck with the trip around Estonia :D ,

primo
Challenge the Adventure.Ride The World
Kasutaja avatar

Laisaar
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas Laisaar »

Do you have shops that sells biker accessories, do they have websites?
hi,

some shops that sells biker accessories:

www.bikeworld.ee
www.motodepoo.ee
www.yamaha.ee
www.motokeskus.ee
www.motomarket.ee

with Best Regards

Motopaks
+372 5202222
Aeglaselt saab kauem sõita.
Villis.ee
Wroomer.ee
laisaar.com

Teema algataja
MidnightSun

Thanks guys for your quick replies. I will most likely arrive the 1st or 2nd of july by ferry from Helsinki. Mark, i'll let you know better when I know the exakt date for my arrival.

What would you as estonians recommend me to see during my stay in Estonia?

Teema algataja
noshit

Lugemata postitus Postitas noshit »

i think saaremaa is great for motorcycle trip and otepää too. south estonia is the best
Kasutaja avatar

karujänes

Lugemata postitus Postitas karujänes »

MidnightSun kirjutas:
What would you as estonians recommend me to see during my stay in Estonia?
Hello,

Here is a lot to see and to discover. Suggestions could base on your more specific interests. National culture or history or villages or towns & urban stuff... etc. Just my opinion. By setting and obeying more particular favors, can get you much deeper in your captures :) If that is what you expect?

Also there are also two totally different ways to travel new countries: wether you do it alone and see what comes across, or you find somebody local to accompany your trip. Would be nice to know your preference on this topic to give some recommendations.

One thing I can say right away: to see places and meet people, choose local secondary roads whenever you can. Yes, some of them are with gravel pavement, but never so bad to be avoided on touring trips - even if you do it on superbike :) As far I know VFR800 is very OK for them!

And of course: welcome! :)

KJ
Kasutaja avatar

Aatomik
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas Aatomik »

I use web site: http://www.visitestonia.com to planning my own trip around Estonia. I hope this help you too.
Pilt

Raigo
Tsikkel: Iž Planetad, Iž Jupiterid

Lugemata postitus Postitas Raigo »

by the way,usually road conditions are very bad compared to sweden :)
Kasutaja avatar

Rennes
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas Rennes »

Raigo kirjutas:
by the way,usually road conditions are very bad compared to sweden :)
You just got in on a little secret, why it's wise to ride KTM instead of pure-blooded superbike in Estonia :) :) :)
Rennes aka Pröksuga Mülka

Teema algataja
MidnightSun

I have read touring articles about Estonia in swedish biker magazines. Most of the journalist write that the road standard in Estonia is fairly good. Maybe you in Estonia think we have better roads in Sweden than we actually have....

Sweden is about the same size as Germany but we are only about 9 million people here, we have a lot of rural areas with rather crappy road standard.

I'm in no hurry, if the road is poor, I just drive slowly and enjoy the nature. :P

Teema algataja
MidnightSun

Why do I want to visit Estonia?

Well, we have a common history, you can tell that by looking at the names of the villages on Vormsi. I find that interesting. Both of my parents were born in Finland(they moved to sweden in the mid 60's, and I was born 1970).

I think I was 13-14 years old when I for the first time knew that there was a people that spoke almost the same language as my parents. My (younger) brother was watching a finnish childrens program that visited Tallinn and they compared the finnish language with the estonian language. I had always belived that everyone that lived in the Soviet Union were russians...

Teema algataja
Külaline

Lugemata postitus Postitas Külaline »

MidnightSun kirjutas:
I had always belived that everyone that lived in the Soviet Union were russians...
:D usual estimation

Teema algataja
MidnightSun

Anonymous kirjutas:
MidnightSun kirjutas:
I had always belived that everyone that lived in the Soviet Union were russians...
:D usual estimation
Maybe so if you are an american or asian. But if you live in europe, you would expect that one should have been told that in the school history class. :shock:

Teema algataja
Mark

Lugemata postitus Postitas Mark »

Just give an exact time some days before You arrive and we`ll help You to find a hotel and don`t worry about visiting Estonia.

All biker company helps You to instruct where and how to drive. :D

Driving around is great that`s why - I can show You as much as possible driving with You and I guess there will be others also........ :P

So just inform (Expecting in July will be a great weather) :shock:
Kasutaja avatar

piret

Lugemata postitus Postitas piret »

But keep in mind, that 2-4 July most of the crowd here is on Bikerfest http://www.biker.ee/bikerfest/ and can't drive around with you... In fact you should come too ;)
Vahest sõidan ja teen asju.

Teema algataja
Külaline

Lugemata postitus Postitas Külaline »

If you looking hotel in Tallinn during the Song festival then our hotel Tatari53 have vacancy for that period. More information about our hotel you can find here www.tatari53.ee.

We have had several cyclist in our house and you are welcome too.

By the way cyclist in our house get -10% dicount. :)

Best summer for everyone.
Kasutaja avatar

Pihelgas
Mode
Tänanud: 1 kord

Lugemata postitus Postitas Pihelgas »

www.tatari53.ee

link ei tööta!
Vasta

Liitu vestlusega

Vestluses osalemiseks pead sa olema motokommuuni liige

Avan konto

Pole veel liige? Pole probleemi, registreeru ja liitu.
Liikmena saad sa ise postitada ja vastata teisetel või tellida endale teavitusi vestluse edenemise kohta.
Kõik siin on tasuta ja võtab vaid minuti. Kohtusi sellega ei kaasne.

Registreeru

Logi sisse

Mine “In English”