Any courses in English?

Otsustasid endale mootorratta load teha ja mootorratturiks hakata? Räägi siin kõigest, mis on seotud mootorratta lubade, eksamite, koolituse, lihtsalt tsiklisõidu või liikluse ja seadustega. Kindlustusest räägi ka siin.

Moderaator: Moded

Teema algataja
Badasti

Any courses in English?

Lugemata postitus Postitas Badasti »

Hey guys, sorry for speaking in English, i cant speak Estonian yet

I want to get my bike license, already have a car license. As i understand i need to pass a course then take a drivers test?

Do you know any places that offer courses in English? I checked some government websites that listed companies that offer courses... i emailed probably 6-12 companies and only 1 did courses in English.

Unfortunately they will only have availability in spring...

Also, is it legal to ride a 400cc dirt bike without a license if im not taking it on the roads?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

will111
Tänanud: 44 korda
Tänatud: 380 korda

Re: Any courses in English?

Lugemata postitus Postitas will111 »

Well, its kind of legal. Depending on where you drive. as long as it is not a public road by some standards then yes. But there will be "other kind of cops" harassing you practically everywhere else :D

You need to take a certain amount of driving lessons and then take a test. That is the practical part. In addition you need to take the theoretical test...which is in estonian - so im not really sure you you're going to ever pass that without speaking estonian.

Kasutaja avatar

Frosch
Toetajaliige
Tsikkel: BMW 1200GS Adventure
Tänanud: 5 korda
Tänatud: 12 korda

Lugemata postitus Postitas Frosch »

Google search came up with Haja autokool individual studies a-category https://www.autokoolhaja.ee/hinnad/individuaalope/
Also you can write to Odium autokool. They have english courses in car studies, but maybe they can offer something for motorcycles to. I did other category there and just by accident happend to visit the office while they had lesson for english speakers.

No worries with exam, theory test is available in 3 languages (est, rus, eng). https://www.mnt.ee/eng/driver/tests/theory-test

Mini Riga - 160cc Pitrpo - Honda Hornet CB600 F - Yamaha FZ1N - Bmw 1200GS Adventure

Kasutaja avatar

villy
Tsikkel: KTM690, TM300
Tänanud: 183 korda
Tänatud: 116 korda

Lugemata postitus Postitas villy »

Riding offroad is only allowed in designated areas

As for testing, i believe, it can be done in english as well. Info here:
https://www.mnt.ee/eng/driver/tests/pra ... iving-test
https://www.mnt.ee/eng/driver/tests/theory-test
https://www.mnt.ee/eng/driver/tests/the ... nvironment

Teema algataja
Badasti

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses & info. I might look at getting a WR450 to have some fun on trails and convert to a supermoto when I get the license

I wonder if they'll let my girlfriend translate for me if I take the course in Estonian :D

will111

If the WR450 doesnt have papers (documents, the green tri-folded thing like all cars do), you cant convert it to a street legal supermoto later. Emphasis on street legal.

The course i dont know about but the actual important part of the theoretical side of getting the license is the ARK exam and this takes place in the classroom where you will most propably not be allowed any translating girlfriends. But since the exam seems to be in ENG as well then this shouldnt relly be a problem then...

andu
Tsikkel: sv1000, fjr1300p
Tänanud: 93 korda
Tänatud: 44 korda
Kontakt:

Lugemata postitus Postitas andu »

dare to dream…
eksarmukesed: thunderace - er6n - k1200rs - gsxf600 - fjr1300(gen2) - r6 - fz6 - dr650 - vtr1000 - f650gs - vfr800 - fjr1300(gen1) - fzs600 - fjr1300p(gen1)- ducu scrambler, f650gs Dakar, rs125
hetkel südant soojendamas: sv1000, fjr1300p(gen3)

Teema algataja
Badasti

will111 kirjutas: 12 Aug 2020, 16:13

If the WR450 doesnt have papers (documents, the green tri-folded thing like all cars do), you cant convert it to a street legal supermoto later. Emphasis on street legal.

The course i dont know about but the actual important part of the theoretical side of getting the license is the ARK exam and this takes place in the classroom where you will most propably not be allowed any translating girlfriends. But since the exam seems to be in ENG as well then this shouldnt relly be a problem then...

Thanks for the info, you reckon I can't buy it with the papers if I don't have a license? I was thinking i might have to buy it directly from Yamaha, didn't see any on auto24. I was actually going to look for something like a Suzuki DRZ400 but doesn't look like that model was available in Estonia

Re. translating mainly thinking to get the course out of the way, but yeah exam should be fine

Thanks for the link Andu, I registered. Hopefully they will have something for me before next year :)

will111

No didnt mean that, of course you can buy it if it already has the papers, regardlass if you have a license or not. I just meant that when you buy a secondhand bike for example that doesnt have the papers already (basically any motocross bike and many enduro bikes that are sold on auto24, fb market and such places) then you can not convert it to street legal because such bikes just cant be converted.

Street legal supermoto bikes and such are VERY few on the estonian market. Its basically pointless to look for those here because the market is miniature and the literally few bikes that sometimes are sold, are wildly overpriced for what they are. For example people selling a 15+ years old KTM for 3k-4k euros, because its a "street legal supermoto".

If you want a bike that can do both road and trails (woods) then yeah, possibly the best option is maybe to just buy a new machine that has the registration. Or look for bikes from other markets but not estonia.

Teema algataja
Badasti

Ok I'm with you. Thanks again for all the info, really useful

Yeah I definitely want a bike that can do both, luckily there's lots of info out there on what to modify for that model - brakes / sprocket / wiring etc. For now I'll just be happy with doing some trails while there is some warm weather left

will111

Yeah its not impossible. But to be honest - for a really decent conversion, quite a lot of (very expensive) parts have to be swapped over. Totally different front brake system from top to bottom. All fork and shock internals together with springs. On top of that of course the wheels and tires.
I'd say a decent swap would run you about 3k just in parts, unless you get a full fitting package from somewhere on a BIG sale.

From my personal experience, if you're not really going to seriously take on actual supermoto riding, which basically means practicing and racing on closed tracks - then its not really worth it to either own or convert any bike fully to supermoto form. Supermoto is a specific type of racing and its fun when done properly. It can NEVER be done properly on streets!
I speak from experience owning 4 different bikes in parallel for most of my riding years :D

Vitold
Tsikkel: GSXR-1100 & HD Dyna
Tänanud: 4 korda
Tänatud: 4 korda

Lugemata postitus Postitas Vitold »

2 Badasti
I suppose easier to find local KTM (street legal, registered) with supermoto 17wheels and big brake, than supermoto WR450.
Check okidoki.ee also.
Later you can buy ktm MX 21/19 wheels, if needed.

Teema algataja
Badasti

Vitold kirjutas: 13 Aug 2020, 13:52

2 Badasti
I suppose easier to find local KTM (street legal, registered) with supermoto 17wheels and big brake, than supermoto WR450.
Check okidoki.ee also.
Later you can buy ktm MX 21/19 wheels, if needed.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that :)

Teema algataja
Badasti

will111 kirjutas: 13 Aug 2020, 01:36

Yeah its not impossible. But to be honest - for a really decent conversion, quite a lot of (very expensive) parts have to be swapped over. Totally different front brake system from top to bottom. All fork and shock internals together with springs. On top of that of course the wheels and tires.
I'd say a decent swap would run you about 3k just in parts, unless you get a full fitting package from somewhere on a BIG sale.

From my personal experience, if you're not really going to seriously take on actual supermoto riding, which basically means practicing and racing on closed tracks - then its not really worth it to either own or convert any bike fully to supermoto form. Supermoto is a specific type of racing and its fun when done properly. It can NEVER be done properly on streets!
I speak from experience owning 4 different bikes in parallel for most of my riding years :D

Ah I'm not too interested in racing or anything, just a bike to have fun where it's not the end of the world if it gets dropped / filthy etc

I'm planning to get 2 bikes, a dirt bike and an XSR700. Main things im interested in doing:

• Offroad forest trails etc (not racing, just getting into nature on a bike with some friends - dirt bike)
• Some fun on tar (not in traffic, on quiet / abandoned roads & being able to go offroad is useful)
• Looking for random excuses to do errands and hop on the bike
• Exploring the countryside / sunday rides for lunch / occasionally taking the bike to work instead of the car

I guess I could just get 3 bikes, maybe a used adventure bike and then get a 250cc dirt bike instead of the 400 and converting it. I've just seen a few of the DZR400 supermoto's the idea seemed like a lot of fun as a side project etc

The way I look at it, is the conversation might cost a fair bit, but if I didn't get the bikes I'd probably end up buying some sports car which would cost way more and wouldn't really get me outdoors and into nature

Vasta

Liitu vestlusega

Vestluses osalemiseks pead sa olema motokommuuni liige

Avan konto

Pole veel liige? Pole probleemi, registreeru ja liitu.
Liikmena saad sa ise postitada ja vastata teisetel või tellida endale teavitusi vestluse edenemise kohta.
Kõik siin on tasuta ja võtab vaid minuti. Kohtusi sellega ei kaasne.

Registreeru

Logi sisse

Mine “Mootorratta load, liiklus, motokoolitus ja sõit”