New Kawasaki Ninja 650 Paint Repair

Kui mutrivõti peos püsib (või siis üldse ei püsi), kui vajad abi või nõu mootorratta remondil või soovid tehnika üle arutleda. Kui pluss ja miinus on lootusetult segi ja amprid ajavad volte taga.

Moderaator: Moded

Foorumi reeglid
Vältimaks asjatuid postitusi ja saamaks kiiremaid asjakohaseid vastuseid, peab teema sisaldama järnevaid detaile:
  1. Pealkirjas: Tsikli mark ja lühike vea kirjeldus (kui täpsemini ei ole võimalik siis näiteks: probleem mootoris, probleem piduritega jne)
  2. Sisus võimalikult täpne vea kirjeldus ja mootorratta mark ning väljalaskeaasta

NÄIDE: Honda Hornet, tühikäiguga probleem.

Valesti alustatud ning sisutühjade teemade puhul on moderaatoril õigus teema kustutada!
Kasutaja avatar

Teema algataja
DinoSore
Tänanud: 3 korda
Tänatud: 1 kord

New Kawasaki Ninja 650 Paint Repair

Lugemata postitus Postitas DinoSore »

Hi,

First of all, apologies for writing in English. It's tough to find motorcycling resources in Estonian, and I just came across this rather active forum.

I bought a new Ninja 650 ABS 2020 from [mention]MOTODEPOO[/mention] last year, and unfortunately, last week, it was damaged in the parking. There is just some paint damage on one side of the tank. Communication with [mention]MOTODEPOO[/mention] Tallinn has been nothing but disappointing, as the salesperson is ignoring my emails and the customer service told me that they don't do paint works at all. I, then, called the salesperson who sold the bike, and he told me that they indeed do paintwork but only for insurance claims. The customer service at [mention]MOTODEPOO[/mention] just gave me the paint code and told me to find a shop to repair it.

It is rather surprising that the sole dealer of Kawasaki, and a dealer that sells Triumph, Indian, and Polaris can get by with such customer service. They are recommending me to go to an unauthorized shop to get a repair done, not sure how it affects the warranty. I'll be escalating this separately with Kawasaki Europe and Global.

Now, I need help with the following:

1. I want to get a professional repair done asap, maybe either as spot repaint (as the chips are not big 3-4cm) or the tank. Can somebody recommend me a shop to get it done in Tallinn?
  2. After riding the 650 for a year, I want to upgrade to a Ninja ZX10R or a 1000SX. Are there any other dealers besides [mention]MOTODEPOO[/mention] in Estonia for Kawasaki?

Any help is much appreciated.

Kasutaja avatar

Ronk
Tsikkel: God DAMN 950 Seiklus
Tänanud: 122 korda
Tänatud: 62 korda

Re: New Kawasaki Ninja 650 Paint Repair

Lugemata postitus Postitas Ronk »

Most probably quite a lot people reccomend https://kickasstuning.ee/

Kasutaja avatar

Teema algataja
DinoSore

Ronk kirjutas: 14 Juun 2021, 14:03

Most probably quite a lot people reccomend https://kickasstuning.ee/

Thanks! I sent them an inquiry.

Kasutaja avatar

tito
Tsikkel: Suzuki DR-Z
Tänanud: 125 korda
Tänatud: 63 korda

Lugemata postitus Postitas tito »

Hi,
Do you otherwise have motorcycle comprehensive insurance, or the repair is feasible at your expense?

Kasutaja avatar

Teema algataja
DinoSore

tito kirjutas: 14 Juun 2021, 14:28

Hi,
Do you otherwise have motorcycle comprehensive insurance, or the repair is feasible at your expense?

I do have comprehensive kasko, but the deductible is quite high (almost 500). As the damage is quite small I think it'd be wiser to go without insurance.

Kasutaja avatar

tito
Tsikkel: Suzuki DR-Z
Tänanud: 125 korda
Tänatud: 63 korda

Lugemata postitus Postitas tito »

DinoSore kirjutas: 14 Juun 2021, 14:33

I do have comprehensive kasko, but the deductible is quite high (almost 500). As the damage is quite small I think it'd be wiser to go without insurance.

Okay, it's probably wise to contact the aforementioned company by Ronk :bsmile:
They also cooperate with insurance companies if the offer should exceed the deductible :wink:

Kasutaja avatar

AnTyx
Tsikkel: Honda VFR800X Crossrunner
Tänanud: 62 korda
Tänatud: 60 korda

Lugemata postitus Postitas AnTyx »

DinoSore kirjutas: 14 Juun 2021, 13:44

the customer service told me that they don't do paint works at all. I, then, called the salesperson who sold the bike, and he told me that they indeed do paintwork but only for insurance claims.

I am not surprised in the least that the dealer does not have an in-house paint shop, with preparation facilities, a painting and drying chamber, etc. This is a specialized task, and I am sure that even with insurance claims, they just take your bike and trailer it to a third-party paint shop.

SFV650>CBR600F3>VFR800>FZ1S>Crossrunner

Kasutaja avatar

Teema algataja
DinoSore

AnTyx kirjutas: 14 Juun 2021, 20:16

I am not surprised in the least that the dealer does not have an in-house paint shop, with preparation facilities, a painting and drying chamber, etc. This is a specialized task, and I am sure that even with insurance claims, they just take your bike and trailer it to a third-party paint shop.

I thought the same. But my expectation from their customer service was a bit higher since I bought the motorcycle new barely a year ago. I expected that they would at least either assist with providing the repair through their official/authorized painting partner or sell an official touch-up kit, and not just say - 'Here's the paint code, good luck!'

I haven't experienced anything like this in over 15 years of biking where an official and sole multi-brand dealer will outright refuse a repair or not reply to emails.

oldbanana
Tsikkel: BMW F800GS
Tänanud: 14 korda
Tänatud: 9 korda

Lugemata postitus Postitas oldbanana »

Their general attitude towards their clients leaves alot to be desired, even if ur browsing gear in the shop and have some questions it feels like they feel insulted that you had the audacity to bother them?

Kasutaja avatar

Teema algataja
DinoSore

oldbanana kirjutas: 14 Juun 2021, 22:17

Their general attitude towards their clients leaves alot to be desired, even if ur browsing gear in the shop and have some questions it feels like they feel insulted that you had the audacity to bother them?

Not sure why you edited your comment, but I agree with choosing by the wallet. Estonia deserves a good biking community and dealerships are cornerstones.

Vasta

Liitu vestlusega

Vestluses osalemiseks pead sa olema motokommuuni liige

Avan konto

Pole veel liige? Pole probleemi, registreeru ja liitu.
Liikmena saad sa ise postitada ja vastata teisetel või tellida endale teavitusi vestluse edenemise kohta.
Kõik siin on tasuta ja võtab vaid minuti. Kohtusi sellega ei kaasne.

Registreeru

Logi sisse

Mine “Mootorratta remont, tehnika, elekter ...”